For many years, lake fish have been classified under three general heads: game fish, food fish, and forage or bait fish.
The bass, trout, pike, pickerel, muskellunge, pike perch, etc., have been generally known as game fish because of their sporting value.
On the other hand, carp, suckers, some of the catfish, yellow perch, etc., have been considered as food fish. While this latter group has not been considered as furnishing the sport that the so-called game fish do, nevertheless, it has a real economic and recreational value.
Generally speaking, in lake fishing, words are really inadequate when it comes to describing the correct procedure in casting. The best way to learn how to cast is to go down to the beach, watch an expert at work, and try to do likewise.
Nevertheless, lake fishing can really be fun and the novice will quickly master the correct form in lake fishing. Therefore, to further harness their craft, here are some tips that could help the anglers on their lake fishing activity.
1. In lake fishing, as with other forms of fishing, a smooth, snappy stroke is required but not as snappy as when snapping a whip. This type of stroke will cause the loss of many flies.
2. Anglers should remember that it is the line that is cast, not the fly. The fly is but a passenger, which is attached to the leader.
3. Proper timing is an important factor on both the backcast and forward cast.
4. Know the fish habitat and the kinds of fish that inhabit the lakes. Some of them are the sunfish, and the small mouth black bass.
These kinds of fish can usually be found hiding near some submerged log or stump, or among the plants.
5. When catching big fish in the lake, it is best to use big, sturdy rods. Big fish like the bass usually attain a weight of 12 pounds, which usually inhabits the lake or pond. The reason why they grow really big is that in lakes or ponds, the food is both abundant and very rich.
Hence, to handles these sizes, the ideal length and weight of the rod is 8 ½ feet in length and from 4 to four and three quarters of an ounce in weight.
Indeed, the fundamental principles in lake fishing are not difficult to master and with little patience and practice, the novice can become a successful angler in the lake.
Submit your articles and get a PR4 backlink to your website! Submit Articles! We provide free articles and information. Check us out at Free Articles!